4.5

Update by user Nov 17, 2017

I wanted to add something. My wife and I lost most of our stuff in Hurricane Harvey.

Help poured in from all over the country. Fema helped us replace the food we lost. The electric company gave us a free month to get back on our feet. The finance company for our car moved two payments to the back of the note to give us breathing room without us even asking.

Volunteers showed up from everywhere helping us put our fence back up and dragging away downed limbs. Everyone was so helpful.It was during this time when we fell behind on our cabin payments by two weeks. Poplar Grove started calling everyday demanding payment.

They even tried to get us to file a claim with fema even though the cabin was not damaged. I tell you this so that you UNDERSTAND...THIS IS THE CALIBER OF THE PEOPLE YOU WILL BE DEALING WITH IF YOU RENT A BUILDING

Original review posted by user Nov 17, 2017

Reading these reviews I get the impression that most of the trouble ( like Mine) comes from the third party companies involved in the rental portion. However our derksen dealer, who has been more than helpful tells us that the people who own Poplar Grove rentals are principals or relatives of principals in the Derksen organization.

So where our case stands is we asked them to cancel the rental agreement and come pick up the building. we have removed our property. All that was two months ago. They keep telling us that all the trucks are busy.

The derksen dealer says that's a lie. They also tell us that as long as the building sits on our property we are still responsible for the rental payments.... SO THE MOTIVE COMES OUT!! So here's the update.

According to the Texas Attorney General's office we need to send them the request in writing to cancel the rental and pick up their property as a certified letter. Since it is a rental and not a purchase it is not considered a repo and they have 30 days to remove their property. After that we can do whatever we want with it.

if you'd like the details I can be contacted at ... bird731713 at gmail DOT com

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: come and get it.

I liked: I wish i could afford to keep it but i got laid off.

I didn't like: Rental company sucks.

Comments